Telephone 01225 719043 | Make the informed choice





Buildings & Contents


Buildings Insurance


A policy that in the event of any damage to your property, will provide cover to have that damage put right buy a qualified tradesman.



Damage to your property can be costly to repair, particularly when dealing with fire or storm damage.

All lenders will insist this type of cover is in place as it is a common condition of any mortgage.
Things to bear in mind

If you don't have this type of cover, you will be responsible for the cost of repairs. Cover generally includes:

  • Damage caused by fire or flood
  • Subsidence
  • Storm damage

These are just a few of the perils covered. The policy can also be extended to protect your property against events like accidental damage.


Contents Insurance


Whilst building insurance will protect your actual property, it does not cover all the contents of your home. This type of cover will protect your furniture, soft furnishing, white goods and personal items.



Damage to your property can be costly to repair, especially with a major event such as a fire or storm damage.

Lenders do not insist that you have this type of insurance but you would be well advised to consider putting it in place - take 5 minutes and add up the value of everything you own in the house. Consider this - if you were able to pick up your house and give it a shake, everything that moves is classed as 'contents'. You'd be surprised at just how much its all worth.

The cover provided can vary and most providers will offer additional protection, at a cost, for things like:

  • Personal belongings (including cash etc) inside and outside the home
  • Individual items valued over a specific amount
  • Bicycle cover

These are just a few of the extras available. The basic contents cover may not provide all the cover you require and additional areas of cover can be purchased to suit your individual needs. Discounts may be available for those in a neighborhood watch scheme or for those with a burglar alarm etc.


Registered Office

FX Mortgages Ltd,
5 Ushers Court, Manvers Street, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8GH
Registered in the UK, Company No.:

Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved.

Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

We always aim to provide a high quality service to our customers. However, if you encounter any problems and we are unable to resolve them you can take your complaint to an independant ombudsman. Our advice is covered under the Financial Ombudsman Service (  You may be able to submit a claim through the EU Online Dispute Resolution Platform ( if you live outside the United Kingdom or if you prefer not to deal directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service.)

The overall cost for comparison is 8.7% APR for customers who may have their access to credit restricted.

FX Mortgages is an appointed representative of Mortgage Intelligence Ltd which is authorised and regulated by Financial Conduct Authority under number 305330 in respect of mortgage, insurance and consumer credit mediation activities only.